Monday, April 03, 2006

April Fool's Gold Prize 2006

Google, I believe, win the prize for Best April Fool's joke this year with Google Romance. Previous efforts from the company have been somewhat lacklustre with the faintly comic but lacking social bite or plausibility Pigeon Rank providing the premiere.

Google Romance, on the other hand, is both self effacing with its "Contextual Dating option, thematically appropriate multimedia advertising throughout the entirety of your free date" and incisive with "Post multiple profiles with a bulk upload file, you sleaze".

Iain Dale's effort concocting Tory donors deserves a mention as well.

2 comments:

Dave Cole said...

I have to confess that I actually fell for it when I saw it, having forgotten that it was April Fools' Day.

It was a good one, though.

xD.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say that I fell for it as well.